Friday 18 December 2009

Back dated

It is the week before the holiday (well, we have been on holiday since August) and all the major jobs around the house are finished. We have a new side fence, a new side path, a new spinning ventilator on the roof and I have fitted leaf guard to a third of the guttering. I am waiting for the next lot to arrive.

I have ordered a mixed dozen of good Aussie wines and looking for a time to drink some of it.

And now I have time to get back to my blog in a serious manner.

So first, last weekend Saturday December 12. I won two tickets to a concert On-The-Green at Wyndham Estate in the Hunter Valley (Newcastle). Smokey Robinson and Human Nature.

It was the first time since we got home that we have had an outing. We made a weekend of it by staying in a local hotel. Fortunately, because the concert didn't finish until 11pm and the access road is a little country lane and 10,000 cars took about 2 hours to clear the estate. We got in our car at 11.15 and left the car park at 12 midnight. The 7 kilometre drive from the estate took another hour. We arrived back at the hotel at 1.15 am.

But it was a great weekend. Anji enjoyed her first live Aussie concert and there was no lip sinking here.

She also loved the country side of the Hunter Valley.

The local weather is up to its usual summer standard. A few days of brilliant sunshine and very high temperatures, moderated by a southerly change and a day of light rain and 24 degrees. Does anywhere have a better climate than this?????

I have been working slowly on my photos and also copying old Vinyl albums onto my PC with a USB turntable. Time consuming but a great way to preserve and listen to some great music at the same time. I can also copy them to CD and play them in the car.

We are looking after my son's Belgium Sheppard at the moment while he does some house renovations. Anji loves having a dog around. Ben Ben will arrive in Australia at the end of January so she is getting excited.

This is Kanu. He loves chasing and jumping for sticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment